Unanswered Prayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unanswered Prayers

Where are all your Gods now?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Earth As It Is Now

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam
Admin
Sam

The Earth As It Is Now Empty
PostSubject: The Earth As It Is Now   The Earth As It Is Now I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 pm

"Miss! Yes you, pretty miss with the bread. Can you spare an old man a piece in exchange for the truth? I can tell you how all this began, how the world was before... May the Watching Gods bless you kind miss!

I remember the last day of humanity. A time when human beings knew without question they were sat atop the food chain; fat, happy, and insolent. Trying to clean generations of scum and filth out of the waters, earth, and skies of the little blue marble that cradled our ever burgeoning race over countless millennia. To stop the melting icecaps. To turn our world back to a mystical Eden that never was.

Our world was turned, but not quite how we imagined.

We know, to the second, when our time ran out. The last hour of humanity's reign was 7th November 2011, at 1:47pm. That was the day the first Hellgate opened. The skies filled with fire and creatures long believed to be the stuff of religious fanatics nightmares were rending our civilization to shreds. The screaming... Those screams will haunt me to my grave.

Fight back? Of course we did! We fought them in the trenches, on the streets and in the alleyways. We fought them in the skies, under the waves; everywhere we saw them we fought. But slowly we lost other towns, cities, regions... Ironically, America was the first to fall. The nation born of rebellion was crushed by the demonic insurrection after three short months, but not before sending every single nuclear weapon they had (less then expected but more than they told the rest of the world) into the last Hellgate that opened over them while they still had survivors. It made for some very angry Demon Lords when the next Hellgate opened in Russia.

The demons kept coming and humans kept fighting, but slowly we began to fall. With so many refugees running from one hot spot to another there was no choice but to internationally close all borders. We had enough to worry about with saving ourselves, we didn't need to figure out how to house and feed thousands more people. Soon other countries fell; France, Germany, Spain, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, India, China, Japan, both Koreas... All gone.

I was one of the last out from London before the Demons made it their own. I can still remember the feeling of singed hair on back of my neck as we ran. And now, we are the remainder. The last dregs of humanity. Once seven billion strong spread over seven continents, now less than half and huddled underground in hovels. We are the insurgency on our own world, and we're losing.

The people who fight say they fight 'For The Living'.
But what are those who are still alive really living for?

Now, you've had your time with the recollections of this doddering old man. A meal was promised me at the start, I trust you'll keep your end of our little bargain...?"

~ Kieran J. Pritchard, 16th August 2039

Two years ago the south of England was turned to a field of fire by demons and only the north now survives. International travel is unheard of and humanity has been pushed into the earth. Most of us live and die down here... but that's not all we do. We plan. We organise.

We fight back.

Back to top Go down
https://unansweredrpg.forumotion.co.uk
Sam
Admin
Sam

The Earth As It Is Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Earth As It Is Now   The Earth As It Is Now I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:56 pm

2011 -- First Hellgate opened, humanity's dumbfounded, America takes the brunt.

2012 -- America utterly screwed, sends the nuke attack officially named "Operation Last Hope" into the last Hellgate that opened over the US before survivors were annihilated.

2013 -- Hellgate opens in Russia, thousands of Hellspawn flood out commanded by several Demon Lords, mainland Europe starts to crumble.

2015 -- Eastern Europe lost, International transport shut down, governments and banks start to fall, humans start to discover magic abilities.

2025 -- Complete worldwide collapse of government and money systems, towns and people left to fend for themselves, most world religions abandoned completely.

2031 -- Greece and Italy taken, borders closed between Britain and the mainland, television, radio and satellite communications lost globally.

2034 -- Small Hellgate opens in Devon, few Hellspawn easily destroyed but country dissolves into complete panic, every city for themselves, Silver Order forms.

2039 --London and surrounding areas flattened, most underground systems shut off, the north takes in refugees and humanity moves into the underground systems.

13th September, 2041 - Liverpool, Carlisle and Birmingham are lost during one of the worse mass hellgate openings since 2032. The few and terrified survivors flock to Manchester, Cardiff, and Edinburgh.

November 12th 2041 - Cardiff and Edinburgh withdraw from the North England Alliance of Cities (NEAC) and seal their boarders to refugees.

2042 - Where we stand today. Half a billion humans left worldwide and what remains of England is leading the charge against demonspawn.
Back to top Go down
https://unansweredrpg.forumotion.co.uk

The Earth As It Is Now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unanswered Prayers :: Welcome To Unanswered Prayers :: Plot-
Jump to: